Martin Stadium Rules
Fans are reminded that any profanity, racial, sexist, or other abusive comments or actions directed at officials, student-athletes, coaches, team representatives, or other stadium patrons will not be tolerated and are grounds for removal from the site of competition.
- All alcohol and drugs regardless of possession or/and consumption are prohibited. Violators may be subject to university disciplinary action (if applicable) and/or legal proceedings, and removal from the event site.
- Glass/metal containers are prohibited. However, this rule does not apply to personal canteens or thermos bottles that are one liter or less in size and do not contain beverages in violation of the above rule.
- Aisles, stairs, and walkways shall be kept clear of hazards and obstacles at all times, to ensure safe and easy passage.
- Fireworks, weapons (including concealed), explosive devices, or artificial noisemakers are prohibited. In addition to confiscation, violators may be subject to university disciplinary action (if applicable) and/or legal proceedings and removal from the event site. Do note that WSU will not be responsible for prohibited items left outside of the stadium.
- Seat cushion & seat cushion with the back (no pockets or zippers) 18” or less in width are allowed.
- No pets are allowed except service dogs
Clear Bag Policy
Martin Stadium has adopted a new bag policy and below are the only bags allowed into the stadium.
- Clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bags that do not exceed 14” x 8” x 14”
- Clear drawstring backpacks no larger than 14” x 14”
- One-gallon clear re-sealable plastic storage bags
- Small clutch (purse) bags no larger than 4.5” x 6.5” with or without a handle or strap
- Keys. It is an important Cougar tradition is to rattle your keys when the Cougars are punting or kicking off, and just maybe it will “rattle” the opposing team.
- Banners/signs. Only the ones that “are in good taste, contain no profanity or derogatory statements and do not block the view of other patrons,” are allowed according to stadium policy.
- Weather appropriate wear — the Pullman climate can be unforgiving. Make sure you are well prepared for both sunny and rainy games.
Smoking is prohibited in the stadium seating areas, all restrooms, the Martin Stadium press box, the concourse under the press box or behind sections 1 – 9.
Smoking is only allowed in designated areas on outer stadium concourses. However, no smoking is allowed while leaning against or over concourse walls to watch the game.
Videotaping equipment is prohibited in the stadium without written permission from the WSU Athletics Department. Guests who are interested in obtaining permission may contact the WSU Event Management Office at 509-335-0392 for information.
Violators of stadium rules may be escorted from the premises. There are no refunds on tickets if you are ejected from the stadium.
PERSONAL sized umbrellas shall be allowed into an event site as the personal property of the owner. However, they shall not be opened or raised in the event site in order to preserve the ability of others also in attendance to view the event unimpaired. Umbrellas must be kept under the seats.
Strollers are prohibited in the stadium seating areas. All strollers, including umbrella strollers, must be left in the concourse area of Martin Stadium at the risk of the owner.
Children Under 10 years of age must be accompanied by an adult
An adult must accompany all children under the age of 10 while in Martin Stadium. To ensure their safety, please keep your children in the seating area near you and be aware of their locations and whereabouts throughout the game.
If exiting during the game is necessary, then re-entry is permitted only upon presentation of your valid ticket stub. Students will need to present their valid ticket stub and student I.D. or valid sports pass for re-entry.
*WSU will not be responsible for lost or stolen items.